After working on Android on a daily basis for almost 1 year, I started out my journey on iOS to discover the other major half of the mobile world. I followed a few different resources to help me understand different things on iOS dev, mainly Objective-C and the Xcode IDE. This blog post will include a list of tutorials I used and highlight what they are good for. This is to keep a note to myself of useful resources, and at the same time, I hope it will be useful to others too! 🙂
- Official getting started guide
- Website: https://developer.apple.com/library/IOs/referencelibrary/GettingStarted/RoadMapiOS/index.html
- Remarks: this tutorial includes lots of explanation of using the IDE, and also step by step tutorials to make a simple to do list. Good to learn the environment.
- About Objective-C method and function
- Website: http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/the-beginners-guide-to-objective-c-methods
- An Overview of Objective-C
- Website: http://cocoadevcentral.com/d/learn_objectivec/
- Remarks: Good overview of Objective-C. Also explains well on memory management. Objects creation can be confusing when you’re new to Objective-C. I saw 2 ways of making objects: “NSString* string1 = [NSString string];” and “NSString* string2 = [[NSString alloc] init];”. This guide will help you demystify it and learn more about memory management in Objective-C.
Some other guides I found but yet to finish:
That’s it for now, more to be added to this list as I study! bye!